[LGM] [CREATE] Preparations for LGM 2013: Future Tools are underway

Femke Snelting snelting at collectifs.net
Fri Jan 18 02:24:58 PST 2013

> that's my first message on the libre-graphics-meeting@ mailing list, so I guess a small presentation is in order: my name is Jehan. I am a contributor in various FLOSS graphics-related projects: officially one of the GIMP/babl/GEGL developers since very recently, I pushed the support backport of Wacom Intuos5 tablets into the Mageia 2 distribution (update released today!), various minor patches to various projects (libora, dvdstyler, etc.).
>
> Basically I am not a big major contributor in a single project, but I do a lot of small features or bug fixes when I need or want them implemented/fixed in all the programs I use. That's it for the presentation. :-)

Welcome!

> On Tue, Dec 4, 2012 at 2:17 AM, Femke Snelting <snelting at collectifs.net <mailto:snelting at collectifs.net>> wrote:
>
>     The Libre Graphics Meeting 2013 site is up http://libregraphicsmeeting.__org/2013 <http://libregraphicsmeeting.org/2013>
>
>     You can already submit proposals for presentations, and/or sign-up for the meeting.
>

> I have a few questions, if you don't mind (I guess you don't :p).
>
> 1/ If I have several "hats", can I propose one talk and one workshop, but for different projects?
> Basically I have just proposed a workshop about media production workflows, with my Studio Girin (http://girinstud.io) hat, which is my main project.
>
> But as I am also an active member of the Apertus project (http://apertus.org/), a project dedicated to build an open-hardware camera and a set of software tools, after discussing with the maintainer, we thought I could as well make a short talk to present this project, if I am to be there.
>
> Is it a problem?

Not a problem.

> 2/ Your call for presentation is unclear if the times for the various talk formats include questions or not. For instance a "short talk", is it 10 minutes, with or without question time included?

OK, we'll indeed need to clarify this in the call; this time slot would include questions.

> 3/ Is there a way to know before the deadline if our talks will be likely accepted. As I will stay in Europe only for 3 months before going away for a long time, that may impact my schedule to know if I *MUST* be in Spain (= I have committed myself to a presentation and it got accepted) vs "I'd like to go there if I have time, but that's not priority if something comes up because I have no commitment".
> Note that I'd love to go there, no matter what; but as I have been away from my native country most of my time for the last 5 years, I have a lot of people to visit. Only knowing that my workshop is accepted will make me book my schedule for sure.

Unfortunately not. Since we expect more talks than we have room for, we will need to select once all proposals are in. We'll let you know as soon as we can though. Also, even if you are not presenting, the event is set up in such a way that there are many ways you can meet other developers/users!

Best and looking forward to your proposal(s),

Femke