[LGM] Draft program LGM2013: Future Tools

Femke Snelting snelting at collectifs.net
Mon Mar 4 12:32:40 PST 2013

Hey!

Thanks for your comments.

>> I've just one question: are people really going to sit till 8-9pm?

Hopefully they'll walk around too, meet in the café, participate in a workshop? The schedule is a mix of Spanish timing and the wish to have long breaks for meetings and workshops. In short: yes, I think this will work.

>> Other than that, I'm a bit concerned about "Character animation in
>> Synfig" and "Production speedpainting with Krita" workshops going in
>> parallel. I imagine quite a few people would love to visit both.

Yes, you might be right -- will see if we can change the puzzle (there will be no doubt some overlapping audiences with three to four workshops parallel)

> Yes, I too am trying to get the gist of the timing.
> It looks like we sleep in late every day, very late on Wednesday, where
> nothing starts till 17:00 (except "workshops").
> Most days we eat lunch late or very late, then (maybe) an evening meal
> after 21:00?

The exhibition, meeting rooms etc. will all be open; maybe we need to make more clear that there is also room to schedule additional BOFs etc.

We proposed to start at this time to give people from Europe a chance to arrive on the day, but still have a decent programme to look forward to.

> I always look forward to a relaxing meal in the evenings, though I'm not
> used to doing it so late. Maybe there will be tapas in the workshops?

Spanish dinner time usually does not start before 21:00 so maybe it all works out if you arrange your jetlag in the right direction :-)