[LGM] LGM2014 decision meeting, Saturday at 16.00 UTC

Femke Snelting snelting at collectifs.net
Thu May 9 08:03:44 PDT 2013

Hello,

Just so you know: Dave wrote that "The Argentina folks decided to not propose a 2014 venue but try for 2015." So that leaves the options Leipzig, Montreal and Medellin.

>     as we decided at the kick-off meeting in Madrid, we plan to have a decision on LGM2014 venue by May 15th. That means we need to have a meeting very soon.
>
>     So lets try to get together on Saturday 11 May at 16.00 UTC (18.00 CET) at #lgm @ irc.freenode.org <http://irc.freenode.org>
>     Public pad for the meeting: http://titanpad.com/ajsOqb9Wpu *
>     The people present at the kick-off meeting in Madrid have voting rights. Others have the right to observe and speak.

I'll be there

> We do have a LGM Board that was created a couple years ago.
>
> Members of the LGM Board
> 1. Dave Neary
> 2. Louis Desjardins
> 3. Kamila Giedrojć
> 4. Femke Snelting
> 5. Gregory Pittman
> 6. Alessandro Rimoldi
> 7. Jon Phillips
> 8. Nathan Willis
> 9. Alexandre Prokoudine

I have been out of the "LGM-board" since 2011!

> List of the people who attended the meeting in Madrid (as per email from Jon sent on the last LGM day)
> Timoty Giet
> 6. Ale Rimoldi (the number in front of some names refers to the list above)
> 2. Louis Desjardins
> 4. Femke Snelting
> Maria Leandro
> Camille Bissuel
> Øyvind Kolås
> Jon Nordby
> Mario Behling
> Hong-Phuc
> Dave Crossland
>
> In the list from Madrid we are missing 2 people that were actually there:
> 8. Nathan Willis
> Andreas Vox
>
> We are also missing, from the LGM Board (that has never been dismissed) Dave Neary (1), Kamila Giedrojć (3), Gregory Pittman (5), Jon Philips (7) and Alexandre Prokoudine (9). Including the 2 that were there but are not showing on the list and the 5 from the Board, those 7 people should all count in.
>
> The LGM Board is in fact composed of the following people:
> 1. Dave Neary
> 2. Louis Desjardins
> 3. Kamila Giedrojć
> 4. Femke Snelting
> 5. Gregory Pittman
> 6. Alessandro Rimoldi
> 7. Jon Phillips
> 8. Nathan Willis
> 9. Alexandre Prokoudine
> 10. Timoty Giet
> 11. Maria Leandro
> 12. Camille Bissuel
> 13. Øyvind Kolås
> 14. Jon Nordby
> 15. Mario Behling
> 16. Hong-Phuc
> 17. Dave Crossland
> 18. Andreas Vox

I am fine with this extended list. Can you please not refer to this as "LGM-board" :-) ?

> We said a majority of 2/3 is needed to select the venue for 2014. So, 12 out of 18. It has also been said in the recent past that we aim at a consensus. The debate over the venue is not meant to split us apart but in fact to gather us together. We, as an organisation, must select the best possible venue for the LGM, according to its goals. This is the role of the Board members. LGM counts first. We have a big responsibility.

I trust we can make a wise decision