[LGM] LGM2014 decision meeting, Saturday at 16.00 UTC

Gregory Pittman gpittman at iglou.com
Thu May 9 09:06:29 PDT 2013

On 05/09/2013 11:03 AM, Femke Snelting wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Just so you know: Dave wrote that "The Argentina folks decided to not
> propose a 2014 venue but try for 2015." So that leaves the options
> Leipzig, Montreal and Medellin.

Hopefully, this can be the kickstart to set up a timetable for 2015
proposals (which could include those who are not selected for 2014). We
might then be able to get back on track with the 2-year process we
thought we had established.

>>     as we decided at the kick-off meeting in Madrid, we plan to have a
>> decision on LGM2014 venue by May 15th. That means we need to have a
>> meeting very soon.
>>
>>     So lets try to get together on Saturday 11 May at 16.00 UTC (18.00
>> CET) at #lgm @ irc.freenode.org <http://irc.freenode.org>
>>     Public pad for the meeting: http://titanpad.com/ajsOqb9Wpu *
>>     The people present at the kick-off meeting in Madrid have voting
>> rights. Others have the right to observe and speak.
>
> I'll be there
>

> I am fine with this extended list. Can you please not refer to this as
> "LGM-board" :-) ?

I agree. We have something of an ad hoc committee, but we do not yet
have a process or authority to arbitrarily make an LGM board.

We continue to face the problem that at the same time there is an
attempt to create some sort of structure to decision-making, we still
are subject to some resistance from various individuals or groups when
they disagree with some decision. I don't know if there is any way to
set up some sort of official voting membership of LGM so that we can
establish some legitimacy to what we're trying to do.

Greg