[LGM] Fwd: LGM2014 decision meeting, Saturday at 16.00 UTC

María Leandro tatadbb at gmail.com
Sat May 11 07:38:00 PDT 2013

Hello all.

I have included all information that Medellin has send me so far; I would
like to note that I also have a couple of letters from the town Mayor and
the Bureau. Those might be useful for visa or any formal requirement.

I think that every event has a bit of chaos within their organization;
however, since this is a communitary event; Boards, Chairmans and other
terms stand out of the general rules of what organization should be. As I
raise up at the meeting held after Madrid, the best idea is to have -teams-
that work together to fulfill tasks. Once we start appointing people with
our fingers, issues will start to show up.

I think LGM is/should be an example of inclusion, even for people that
don't share our vision and thoughts; I'm happy to see that everyone has
been included into the pad now; at the end, more opinions (at least while
reviewing the proposals) will make the election way more fare.

I hope to see you all at meeting later today.

2013/5/11 Gregory Pittman <gpittman at iglou.com>

> On 05/11/2013 09:02 AM, Andreas Vox wrote:

>>> involved with might risk subsequent changes, since this is exactly what
>>> happened this year at LGM, when the decision from LGM 2012 for LGM 2014 was
>>> changed to include new proposals.
>>>
>> If there was a decision for LGM 2014 in 2012, why wasn't it announced?
>>

>>  I think this illustrates how the lack of a formal process is hindering
> decision-making. There was initially a proposal for Montreal in 2013 at LGM
> 2012. Femke brought Madrid as a substitute, due to the concurrent
> Interactivos event which was planned. Thus, some of us (Louis, I think
> included) had the impression that Montreal would be postponed until 2014,
> so that Madrid could step in -- there were no other proposals for 2014 in
> 2012. We were sincerely in the best interests of LGM trying to establish
> this 2-year process. Apparently this went over a lot of heads, or they
> weren't listening, or they disagreed.
>
> I know we are scheduled to have this IRC meeting today, but we can count
> on complaints later that someone was excluded, as if it were intentional.
>
> It would be great to have the luxury of only needing to gather proposals
> and carefully go over proposals for 2015 at this time, but instead we are
> still stuck with indecision for 2014.
>
> Greg

tatica
Maria Gracia Leandro
Blog: http://tatica.org
Portfolio: http://tap.tatica.org
LinuxUser= 440285 GPG Public Key: E1CDCC56