[LGM] g+ hangouts on air

Gregory Pittman gpittman at iglou.com
Tue Nov 19 09:11:29 PST 2013

On 11/19/2013 10:57 AM, Dave Crossland wrote:
> On 19 November 2013 08:22, S.Kemter <sirko.kemter at gmail.com> wrote:
>> there comes the camera before ;)
>
> My point is that nothing more than any somewhat recent laptop will do,
> as they all have cameras built into their screen chassis.
>
>> I have there somebody who has knowledge in
>> it and the equipement for it, it might be he doing the streaming complete.
>> If not its a while ago I setted up an ice and icecast but thats no big deal.
>
> If it can be done more professionally that's great, but the lack of
> live streaming and the delay in publishing recordings in recent years
> is something I think can be improved :)

I can agree and also disagree. I would hope that we don't end up relying
on a laptop's webcam for broadcasting the meeting.

I think it's worth looking ahead and getting some sort of setup that
meets a certain level of quality (hopefully trying out before the
meeting begins to make sure it works as expected). This still leaves a
rather broad range of hardware considerations.

If you think about it a bit, it would be sad that a meeting devoted to
graphical software can't manage to put together some sort of open source
(reasonable) quality video of the conference.

Greg