[LGM] hello LGM2014 content team!

Gregory Pittman gpittman at iglou.com
Tue Nov 19 09:20:11 PST 2013

On 11/19/2013 11:05 AM, Christoph Haag wrote:
> Dear LGM Organisers,
>
> as I had a look at the log of your last meeting
> (http://houz.org/LGM/2014/) I had an idea I'd like to suggest/discuss.
> Why not use the content categories even more prominent, namely as a
> subline within the logo for the Leipzig meeting and make the logo become
> a generative information/(graphic), used on different occasions
> throughout (and before) the meeting. This could be automated and would
> also reflect the focus on 'computational/generative media'. Here are
> some drafts/mock-ups, the most direct/basic approach, but I think one
> gets the idea.
>
> http://www.lafkon.net/exchange/lgm2014/131119/
>
> I did boil it down to 4 points, keeping 'magic' in favour of 'future',
> but this needs to be discussed. Furthermore I think to have these
> buzzwords on such a prominent level could help to broaden the audience,
> because people get a direct impression what to expect at the meeting:
> code & art & magic(/future).

We might think about an equation:

code + art = magic

since code uninformed by the art will lack creativity and utility. Art
uninformed by the consideration of the coding process creates buggy
software.

Greg

(and of course variations like

code * art = magic

code^art = magic

for the fussy

code != magic, art != magic, code + art = magic

)