[LGM] How is LGM2015/6 location to be decided?

Femke Snelting snelting at collectifs.net
Tue Apr 8 00:59:23 PDT 2014

Yes!

I proposed to follow more or less the same procedure that we used last year. People that were involved in organising LGM 2013 and volunteered for organising 2014 studied the proposals and came to a consensus on what venue would best suit LGM. I agree with Gregory that this should of course become part of the 'permanent' info/procedures published on the LGM website. And let's indeed aim for a decision for 2015 and 2016.

Combining 2014 and 2015 volunteers makes a list of 25 people:

Ale Rimoldi, Alexandre Prokoudine, Camille Bissuel, Femke Snelting, Fridrich Strba, ginger coons, Gregory Pittman, Hong Phuc Dang, Jon Nordby, Larisa Blasic, Louis Desjardins, Manuel Schmalstieg, Mario Behling, Martin Owens, Michael Schumacher, Nathan Willis, Øyvind Kolås/pippin, Pat David, Peter Westenberg, Sarup Banskota, Sirko Kemter/gnokii, Steve Conklin, Susan Spencer, Valek Filippov.

http://libregraphicsmeeting.org/2014/contacts
http://titanpad.com/lgm2015

* It could of course be that you want to help out but prefer not to be involved in the decision. Of course one or two people can be added if we feel that the list does not represent the community (in 2013 we added Alexandre Prokoudine for example). It might be that this group is too large.

* Last year we appointed contact persons for each location but the 2015 proposals are all represented with at least one person in the list above (Hong Phuc, Mario for Phnom Penh; ginger for Toronto; Louis for Montreal and Larisa for London).

* The group meets on IRC at least two times: one to discuss each proposal, and to identify possible problems and points to investigate. In a second and if necessary a third meeting a consensus is reached and communicated on the LGM mailinglists, and consequently on the LGM website. We aim for a decision in the first week of May 2014. Meeting logs and notes are public.

What do you think? I'd like to call for a first meeting this week.

Femke

Femke