[LGM] How is LGM2015/6 location to be decided?

Dave Crossland dave at lab6.com
Tue Apr 8 01:56:51 PDT 2014

On 8 April 2014 09:59, Femke Snelting <snelting at collectifs.net> wrote:

> Ale Rimoldi, Alexandre Prokoudine, Camille Bissuel, Femke Snelting, Fridrich Strba, ginger coons, Gregory Pittman, Hong Phuc Dang, Jon Nordby, Larisa Blasic, Louis Desjardins, Manuel Schmalstieg, Mario Behling, Martin Owens, Michael Schumacher, Nathan Willis, Øyvind Kolås/pippin, Pat David, Peter Westenberg, Sarup Banskota, Sirko Kemter/gnokii, Steve Conklin, Susan Spencer, Valek Filippov.

Please add Sirko Kemter and Fridrich Strba as
http://titanpad.com/lgm2015 lists Fridrich as volunteering and
obviously Sirko did a good job this year - I hope he's not too burned
out XD

> * It could of course be that you want to help out but prefer not to be involved in the decision. Of course one or two people can be added if we feel that the list does not represent the community (in 2013 we added Alexandre Prokoudine for example). It might be that this group is too large.

Mungkol (http://www.linkedin.com/in/mungkol) and other folks in Google
Cambodia are excited about this, and as I'm in India this year I can
help out with writing a travel guide for people who haven't gone
outside the west before, as that was listed in that pad and is
something I'll do for my own activities this year.

> * Last year we appointed contact persons for each location but the 2015 proposals are all represented with at least one person in the list above (Hong Phuc, Mario for Phnom Penh; ginger for Toronto; Louis for Montreal and Larisa for London).

Can Tho is close, but for the contact person to be in the city (same
as the other cities) seems invaluable to me.

Kounila, since you are living there, would you like to be the contact
person for PP?

> * The group meets on IRC at least two times: one to discuss each proposal, and to identify possible problems and points to investigate. In a second and if necessary a third meeting a consensus is reached and communicated on the LGM mailinglists, and consequently on the LGM website. We aim for a decision in the first week of May 2014. Meeting logs and notes are public.
>
> What do you think? I'd like to call for a first meeting this week.

Sounds good to me although euro evenings are better for me