[LGM] Press Release ==DRAFT==

Louis Desjardins louis.desjardins at gmail.com
Thu Feb 13 14:26:05 CET 2014

Hi,

I put here some ideas for spreading the news.

If somebody takes it, please tell the others. ;-)

Cheers!

Louis

TO DO
*Title* for the PR. I suggested a couple. Please add to the PR or write one
better.
*Art* for banners (and upload in the Press page on our website)
*Disseminate* (from the list below and update if possible)

Short list of where we can disseminate our Press Release(s) + info on
banners' specs (taken from past years' emails from Nathan so might be
needed to upgrade the info but I leave it there as a reminder and as an
example as well).

LWN
Linux Magazine / Ubuntu User
Linux Journal
LXer
Linux Format
OpenDesktop
Linux.com
OStatic
OSNews
deviantArt

Update::: ad specs for the first three are in:
LPM: Banner 468 x 60
LPM: Skyscraper 160 x 600
--
LJ: Banner 728x90
--

In all three, we can link to an URL (which in the text ad does not count
against our character limit); we'll use the Pledgie URL.

We need artwork for the first three layouts; we should try to use the same
design motifs for all to maximize exposure.  Still waiting on hearing from
the next batch, but we should be able to launch all of these THIS week,
giving us a good 30-day run in which to make a campaign blitz.  Hitting the
list for ad concepts next....