[LGM] access to the gravity forms lists

Øyvind Kolås pippin at gimp.org
Tue Jan 7 07:12:00 PST 2014

On Tue, Jan 7, 2014 at 3:13 PM, Gregory Pittman <gpittman at iglou.com> wrote:
> On 01/07/2014 08:23 AM, S.Kemter wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> Can you or Greg explain for what it is necessary that he sees the
>> submissions? That has nothing to do with openess
>
> Perhaps 'necessary' isn't quite the right word. On the other hand, does
> it need to be secret?

For both protection of rejected talks as mentioned by Tobias; as well
as in case people do not want something to be public until the talk is
accepted and the schedule is public. Until the deadline no-one but the
system administrator needs to know (that the submission works). (I
will like most others not submit anything until a couple of days
before the deadline). After that we need time to pick the content and
shuffle a schedule; during drafting stages of what will be included
marketing as well as the local team surely should get sneak peeks
before we try to settle the schedule.

/pippin