[LGM] The LGM website

Alexandre Prokoudine alexandre.prokoudine at gmail.com
Fri Jan 17 10:58:35 PST 2014

On Fri, Jan 17, 2014 at 10:16 PM, ale rimoldi wrote:

> if you think WP should be used by the LGM, i think that the best is that you
> submit a proposal telling the LGMers which needs it fulfills and why we
> should choose it.

This is so utterly, utterly wrong that I don't even know where to
begin explaining...

No, I don't think that WP should absolutely be used for LGM. It might
very well be the case that it really isn't suited for LGM. But I don't
know that, and do you know why?

Because in the very beginning I asked you: "Is there a list of issues
with WP to look at and discuss in a productive manner?". To which the
reply consisted of a bunch of assumptions, expressions of frustration
etc.

Frankly, I'm puzzled. Is this thread about finding solutions, or is it
a place to let the steam off?

The right way to approach the topic of a CMS choice is simply writing down:

1) What tasks we need to achieve.
2) What the (imaginary) shortest way to do that is (w/o references to
any CMS), i.e. what the best workflow in each case is.
3) How bits of a CMS should work to make this workflow happen.

Then it is possible to really see if the current WP setup is a valid
choice, whether WP is a valid choice at all, or whether it's possible
to do better.

If we don't do that, we will end up arguing about RoR, Jekyll, WP, and
all sorts of possibilities without making any real changes.

So could we please get back to a productive discussion?

Alexandre