[LGM] Website program page bugs

ale rimoldi a.l.e at ideale.ch
Tue Apr 21 14:04:42 PDT 2015

hi

> On Tue, Apr 21, 2015 at 9:02 PM, ale rimoldi <a.l.e at ideale.ch> wrote:
> >> 3. When I click the details + links, the URL becomes eg
> >> http://libregraphicsmeeting.org/2015/program/##kelvin-ma-creating-textbook-grade-svg-illustrations-for-wikipedia
> >> - is it correct to have two # ?
> >
> > ... at least by design...
>
> Side effect of the links per talk handling having been added with only
> changes to the front-end js code, and not the backend which generates
> the HTML. The extra # already being present in the HTML coming from
> the backend as at the start of name='#' attributes, not sure if many
> people have been using the functionality and sharing URIs on more than
> ephemeral mediums like IM. Another issue with the URLs is encoding,
> since some names or titles of talks aren't just ASCII characters;
> perhaps just use some other identifier rather than the presenter and
> title?

changing the html should not be the problem...

... but since your js has been made more complicated in order not
to change the html, it is now a bit hard for me to understand what
exactly it does.

if you provide a simpler js and some hint what html you need, it should
be doable.

encoding the url is also rather trivial... it would help to have an
example that is currently wrong.

if you both can open tickets (if possible one per issue) in the github
repository (https://github.com/libregraphicsmeeting/htdocs-2015/issues)
there are good chances that most of the glitches can be fixed.

have a nice evening
a.l.e

ciao
a.l.e