[LGM] should LGM or its site have something to say about Charlie Hebdo?

Tobias Ellinghaus houz at gmx.de
Thu Jan 15 03:14:12 PST 2015

Am Dienstag, 13. Januar 2015, 21:48:40 schrieb Gregory Pittman:
> Hello list,

Hello Gregory,

> This issue came up among those involved in the communication team for LGM.
>
> In short, should we have something on the site which says either "Je
> suis Charlie" or maybe "Nous sommes Charlie"?
>
> There has been differences of opinion on this, but what seemed to be
> tacitly agreed on was that the smaller group of the communications team
> should not unilaterally do this without some wider discussion involving
> those who take part in LGM.
>
> We have traditionally been apolitical, yet maybe there is something
> special about this incident involving free speech in the graphics and
> publishing world.

I would prefer to not go down that rabbit hole. To not look like having double
standards you would have to protest against actions of western military forces
in several parts of the world, too.
We have to pick our fights, and I don't think that this is what LGM should be
about.

> Greg

Tobias