[LGM] should LGM or its site have something to say about Charlie Hebdo?

Martin Owens doctormo at gmail.com
Thu Jan 15 09:48:38 PST 2015

On 15 January 2015 at 11:53, Dave Crossland <dave at lab6.com> wrote:
> Hi
>
> The biggest killer of people
> attending lgm is automobiles. Where are the anti car protests?

Because we anti-car people get chewed out very aggressively by the
vast majority of people. It's sad but true that the only injustices we
can help fix are the ones with popular support. And making people walk
or take the bus has proven considerably unpopular in my current
residence in the USA.

The current injustice reaction is trying to construct a long lasting
positive effect for free speech while there is popular support and
while politicians will attempt to use the attack to justify why free
speech should go away. I don't think it's wrong to ask that we support
this campaign considering our free speech and political arms connected
to the Free Software ideal. We are more strongly linked than a great
many other organisations, despite I think some projects trying their
best to stay apolitical, free software itself is a political
statement.

But if you think there may be negatives. Run some tests, it would be
great to have some data on how people feel to us having a time-based
logo or statement.

Martin,