[LGM] Possibility of access to 3d-printers

Jon Nordby jononor at gmail.com
Tue Jan 20 05:58:24 PST 2015

Hi,
a possible take on "where to take libre graphics in the next 10 years" is
"out into the physical world". I've been working quite a bit with various
digital manufacturing technologies lately, of which FDM/FFF 3d-printing is
the most accessible (and thus relevant for larger audience).

I'd be happy to run one or more hands-on workshops on the 3d-printing
process; from CAD/modelling, CAM/slicing to actual printing. Question is:
Is it possible to arrange access to some printers during event?

Regards, Jon

PS:
An particularly interesting facet for the techies in our crowd is that in
some areas of additive manufacturing we are in fact limited by software.
For instance when making flexible parts, one would like to have at disposal
much more control over how infill patterns are made (infill direction,
selective infill, non-uniform infill, coarse/bracing+fine infill, infill
gradients and so on).

--
Jon Nordby - www.jonnor.com