[LGM] how large is libre graphics community

Gregory Pittman gpittman at iglou.com
Fri Mar 13 08:52:36 PDT 2015

On 03/13/2015 10:39 AM, lara wrote:
> hi all,
>
> can anybody help me with an estimate of the size of libre graphics
> community? or direct me where i could find this information?

I'll be interested to see what others think, but about all I can say is
that it is likely bigger than any of us realize, of course depending how
you mark the boundaries of this "community".
I recall being a bit amazed at the point when Scribus had a million
downloads some years ago. We have those involved with the project, a
rather small number, those who interact on various lists and forums, a
quite larger number, but we also know there are many out there using
Scribus, but never interact so that we might get a sense of this
nebulous group of users.

And this doesn't even touch the probably large numbers of users who are
not English speakers, and have their own worlds of interaction. This is
with just one libre graphics project.

Greg