[LGM] The new LGM-org mailing list

Dave Crossland dave at lab6.com
Mon May 4 07:16:36 PDT 2015

On 16 October 2014 at 09:01, ale rimoldi <a.l.e at ideale.ch> wrote:

> We now have two mailing lists for the LGM

>   (lgm)
> -
>   http://lists.freedesktop.org/mailman/listinfo/libre-graphics-meeting-org
>   (lgm-org)
>
> and, on top of it

> We  suggest that the first one (LGM) is open to everyone interested in
> actively participating to the LGM, the LGM-org being reserved to people
> who are considered to be organizers.

> The Create list is about sharing
> resources between Free and Open Source Creative Projects. It could have
> a double role for us:
> - publishing the LGM official announcements,
> - keeps being the platform of choice for communicating between the
> projects about the ideas generated at the LGM.
>
> Is this OK for you?

I like this :)

I s

> We would also like to publish some general rules on the mailing lists.
> We have started a draft here:
>
> https://lgm.titanpad.com/5

Looks good!

I suggest adding this text to the list info page -
http://lists.freedesktop.org/mailman/listinfo/libre-graphics-meeting-org -
and also adding the COC to the http://www.libregraphicsmeeting.org/lgm/
site, as currently it is:

[image: Inline images 1]

while the 2015 site about nav section has:

[image: Inline images 2]

> There are There two questions floating around:
> -  should the LGM-org's archives be public and available to everybody?

I think so

> - On top of it, we would like to make both lists "members-only". Non
> members will get a friendly reply asking them to join the mailing list
> (for the LGM one) or to directly contact the organizers through an
> email (for the LGM-org one).
>
> What are your thoughts?

Sounds like a good way to keep spam low

--