[LGM] A year+ after LGM

Onyeibo Oku twohotis at gmail.com
Sun May 3 15:55:56 PDT 2015

Hi,

Its been exactly one year and a month since I spoke about FreeCAD at
the Libre Graphics Meeting.  That was Leipzig 2014.  It makes me happy
to see that the project is gaining popularity in the Open-Source
community.  One of the developers spoke at FOSDEM recently (
http://yorik.uncreated.net/guestblog.php?2015=22).  Sadly, I could not
be in Brussels to witness it live.  Some of the slides in my talk were
created by Yorik Van Havre.

However, I managed to organize my rather incoherent and hasty talk
into a paper. (here: http://schemefusion.com/conference-talks-and
-papers/freecad-at-LGM-Leipzig-2014_Oku-twohot.pdf).  I believe this
presents my thoughts about the project in a more articulate manner.
 It seems the LGM organization is more interested in building a
resource for conference videos rather than for papers.  It may be more
rewarding to submit a revised version of my paper to a Journal
publisher for reference purposes (I'm an academician too).

There is one pending issue though:
On Friday 11, April 2014, I received a mail from an LGM representative
titled "LGM 2014 - Leipzig - reimbursement info received".  He
promised that my "reimbursement will be processed promptly."  Does
that take up to a year?  Please is this normal?

I see pictures of familiar people on twitter.  It looks like some
people had fun!  So, what did I miss in Toronto?

Regards
Onyeibo (twohot-at-fedoraproject-dot-org)