[LGM] GIMP 20 yo birthday

Jehan Pagès jehan.marmottard at gmail.com
Wed Sep 30 08:47:51 PDT 2015

Hi Pat!

On Wed, Sep 30, 2015 at 5:30 PM, Pat David <patdavid at gmail.com> wrote:
> Two thoughts I had.

Obviously you had! ;-)
I actually started discuss this on IRC and tried to get a reaction
from you, but you weren't answering.

> 1) this was something I had thought about in 2014 and had a vague
> recollection of talking about it with Tom Lechner on the flight out of
> Leipzig, iirc.
>
> With that said, this is something we have been discussing internally over at
> pixls.us with regards to some sort of exhibition of community photography.
> I'm glad you brought this up now. :)
>
> We were also planning on meeting the day before to have photowalks,
> seminars, and workshops together, I'd be happy to help set something up.
>
> We'd love to participate from a photography standpoint. We were also

As said, you were obviously included and I was certain that you would
like to participate. How I see such exhibition, this would welcome any
user of GIMP, be it painting, photograph, glitch art, whatever. It
could be either be done with GIMP, or why not be about GIMP (as Aryeom
who did an acrylic on canvas paint with Wilber in LGM 2014), and why
not have installations if people wanted!

> thinking an auction of the prints might be a fun way to not have to ship
> things home... :)

Actually I was thinking about this too, and was even proposing to
donating the money to the GIMP project. Now on IRC there was at least
1 voice who did not like the idea because artists should be paid (and
while I absolutely agree in general, I see this kind of event as some
kind of celebration and contribution to a cool Free Software). Now if
many more people were to disagree, I would not mind.
.
In fact same as you, my main idea was to simplify things, because the
main point here is the exhibition for the 20 y.o. of GIMP.

Jehan