[LGM] very late (too late?) talk proposal

jcupitt at gmail.com jcupitt at gmail.com
Sun Feb 28 18:31:48 UTC 2016

On 28 February 2016 at 18:12, C R <cajhne at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi. Given the scientific nature of the proposed talk, I will give up my
> space for it, if it's okay. I consider a talk about vips much more important
> than what I have to say.

I'd feel very bad if anyone dropped out because of me, please don't do that!

Perhaps I could give a couple of lightning talks instead? RTI
(relightable photographs, a kind of  single-lens 3D) is fun, if you've
not seen it before, and it's all being done with free software. I can
show some demos.

I work at Imperial College in London doing medical imaging research
with free software, I could do a gruesome 10-minute talk on that plus
a demo.

I've done quite a bit of work on server-side image processing for web
sites, things like virtual microscopy and very fast resizing image
proxies. I could show that stuff too.

If any of that sounds interesting, please let me know.

John