[LGM] where will the LGM go in 2018?

ale rimoldi ale at graphicslab.org
Fri Jun 24 09:39:45 UTC 2016

dear LGMers

during the month of july we will be choosing a venue for the LGM 2018.

we have two local teams proposing

- milano and
- saarbrücken

they have submitted an outstanding first proposal and -- after some
questions have been raised on the org list -- they will submit a
revised one before the end of june.

as soon as we have the final documents, we will publish them on the lgm
site and notify this list.

there are two important things you should aware of:

- the schedule for the decision and
- who is going to participate in the decision process.

the schedule proposed leads to a decision by the end of july:

- by june 30: the final proposals are published
- evt. discussion on the -org list
- during the first week of july: irc chat between the LGM and the
  local teams (the exact date is being agreed upon)
- discussion on the -org list
- july 22 or 23: irc discussion that will lead to the decision

the decision process will mainly include the people having shown that
they care about the next LGMs by having been added to the
organisation crew for 2017 (https://titanpad.com/lgm-organisation2017)
or otherwise have waved their hands:

Nate Willis,
Frank Trampe,
João Bueno,
Raniere Silva,
Cadunico,
Alexandre Rezende,
Gulherme Razgriz,
Femke Snelting,
Pippin,
Ale Rimoldi,
Phil Langley,
Simon Budig,
Ale González,
Yorik Le Havre,
chris,
Julien Deswaef,
Pat David,
Liam Quin,
Manuel Schmalstieg,
Lara Blasic
Louis Desjardins,
Dave Crossland,
Greg Pittman

if you're not on the above list but wish to actively participate in the
decision process, just reply to this mail and say so!
(the same applies if you don't want to participate but are on the list:
just send an email!)

also, i recall you that all organizers should register to the