[LGM] LGM program&registration

lara lab_web at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 10 16:17:30 UTC 2016

Hi all,

We're delighted to let you know that upcoming Libre Graphics Meeting's
downloadable program is now available on the website as well as
registration.

Please see our press release below.

Hope to see you there!

Best,
Lara

LIBRE GRAPHICS
MEETING 2016
LONDON
15-18 APRIL

Libre Graphics Meeting 2016 Comes to London

The eleventh annual edition of Libre Graphics Meeting will take place
this spring at the University of Westminster, bringing together
developers, users, and graphic artists passionate about Free/Libre and
Open Source Software.

London, UK (10th March, 2016)

>From April 15th - 18th, Westminster School of Media Arts & Design at the
University of Westminster (London, UK), will host the 2016 edition of
the Libre Graphics Meeting.

Now in its 11th year, the international Libre Graphics Meeting turns its
focus for 2016 to the theme "Other Dimensions", encompassing time-based
media and the third dimension, new additions to LGM's established focus
on graphics.

>From its first edition in 2006, held in Lyon, France, Libre Graphics
Meeting has been a locus for software contributors, artists, designers,
and users to come together and share their knowledge and to experience
camaraderie. This year will see four days of presentations, talks,
hacking sessions, workshops, and meetings.

Prominent software projects such as GIMP, Inkscape, Scribus, GNOME, and
others will come together to demonstrate the progress on their projects
and to discuss them within the context of the larger Libre Graphics
community. LGM 2016 will play host to animators, architects, artists,
book designers, cartographers, developers, documenters, educators,
engravers, graphic designers, git visualizers, hackers, photographers,
rasterizers, reverse engineers, tool makers, type designers, and video
archivers (among others!).

The 2016 edition of LGM will have a full program of workshops,
presentations and talks across the entire spectrum of Free/Libre and
Open Source graphics projects and communities. The full program can be
found online
http://libregraphicsmeeting.org/2016/wp/wp-content/uploads/2016/03/LGM2016program.pdf

LGM is fully open and free for the public to attend (visit
http://libregraphicsmeeting.org/2016/register/ to register). We welcome
anyone with an interest in the world of Libre Graphics. For those unable
to attend but who would still like to help contribute to this invaluable
opportunity for projects to meet, the annual LGM fundraising campaign
needs donations (https://pledgie.com/campaigns/30935). All funds raised
are used to help offset the costs of travel for contributors. Please
consider donating as as way to show support for the amazing projects
participating.

About Libre Graphics Meeting

Libre Graphics Meeting (LGM) is the annual gathering of contributors and
users of Free and Open Source Software for graphics, design, and visual
arts. This unique event brings together various groups that would
normally interact online through mailing lists and forums. LGM has grown
over the years to become an essential event for many projects to meet
and collaborate. The ability to meet, the discussions, presentations,
and feedback have been invaluable to the development of many projects
and their communities. The event gives developers, contributors, and
users a chance to get together, get things done, and to work on new ways
to move their projects forward.

http://libregraphicsmeeting.org