[LGM] Request For Comments - reorganizing financial tasks for LGM

Andreas Vox andreas.vox at gmail.com
Sun May 22 08:40:48 UTC 2016

> Am 21.05.2016 um 16:22 schrieb Jehan Pagès <jehan.marmottard at gmail.com>:
>
> Hi,

> Thus if we had to pay for LGM, I doubt I would come back either. Also
> it would change the event at its core. I love LGM because of what it
> is, of its openness to anyone (not just corporations), and everything.
> If it becomes a paid event (as many others), the attendees would be
> very different, and not necessarily of the kind I love, I am fearing.

I think attendance fees are a non-starter unless the ratio between team member (persons who are eligible for reimbursement) and „visitors“ reaches something like 1 : 100. Right now it’s probably in the vicinity of 1:1 which means one half would pay the travel for the other half, and even 1:10 would mean the attendance fee is around €100 or more, thus scaring off visitors.

/Andreas