[LGM] LGM in Paris?

ginger coons ginger at adaptstudio.ca
Thu Apr 27 18:58:27 UTC 2017

On Thu, Apr 27, 2017 at 12:58 PM, Jehan Pagès <jehan.marmottard at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hi,
>
> On Thu, Apr 27, 2017 at 12:08 AM, Frank Trampe <frank.trampe at gmail.com>
> wrote:
> > Counting turnout is difficult, since people come and go from talk to
> talk. I
> > would be curious to know how many e-mail addresses we've collected each
> > year, but I have no idea what happens to those. Anybody?
>
> Can we at least know the seat numbers of the conference rooms of
> Madrid and Leipzig's LGM? Since the rooms were mostly filled (and even
> a little more at times, I think), that would give a good idea of the
> attendance size.
> Is there anyone from the organization at that time who would have this
> information?

2013 is the best year as far as stats go, but some are also available for
2010 (Brussels) here: http://libregraphicsmeeting.
org/lgm/about/visitor-data/

Here's the information on Madrid, per the 2013 report (
http://libregraphicsmeeting.org/2013/report/index.html):

   - 4 days, 89 scheduled talks, 10 workshops, 3 performances, 3 lectures,
   15 lightning talks
   - Hosted by Medialab Prado, Madrid (Spain)
   - Full simultaneous translation in English and Spanish
   - Registered on-line: 201
   - Total participants: 450
   - Programs distributed: 650
   - Registered at Welcome Desk: 155

Because local orgs do the data collection, it varies by year, as do any
reports that come out.

-g

ginger "all-lower-case" coons
adaptstudio.ca