[LGM] ATTN ALL: Call for 2018 venue...

ale rimoldi ale at graphicslab.org
Fri Jul 14 06:34:04 UTC 2017

hi

we had a nice and useful LGM meeting yesterday evening.

currently, the only candidate for organizing the next LGM is still
sevilla.

we agreed that "the other" ale should submit a formal proposal by the
end of this month and we will take a decision on the sevilla bid at the
beginning of august.
(more details in the irc meeting protocol sent by tobias)

it's only in the case that we decide that the proposal is not solid
enough, that basel will jump in as a last chance.

> Ale R., are you in a position yet to submit a formal proposal?

by far not.
i will start checking basel when it's clear that there is no candidate
for the lgm 2018.
basel is an emergency solution, not a candidate.

but there are people who already expressed they support for basel and
also who offered to help out!

and i'm confident that we can find something and organize a nice and
"small" LGM.

> I'd
> like to get this all buttoned up so that we can start planning and
> raising money.

please, start now planning the money found raising.
it's almost sure that next year there will be an LGM!

have a wonderful day
a.l.e