[LGM] voting process for the lgm 2018

ale rimoldi ale at graphicslab.org
Fri Sep 15 06:37:03 UTC 2017

On Thu, 14 Sep 2017 16:40:46 -0400
Louis Desjardins <louis.desjardins at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> The rationale behind having this vote among a short list of people is
> these people have taken a lot of time to review the proposals, ask
> questions, ask for precisions, weighed the pros and cons according to
> their knowledge of organising such an event and are now ready to go a
> step further towards acceptance by the community by stating clearly
> that they recommend one proposal — in this case, the Sevilla proposal.

you're right!

on the other side a more open process could motivate new people to
engage more.

in our case, i don't expect anybody to walk in and crash the vote with
random opinions.

> I believe this process is sane and has worked for many many years
> with no bad comments that I can recall.
>
> We have a sane and proven process. If it works, let’s not try to fix
> it!

the number of people who have participated in the lgm organization has
drastically sunk in the last two years.

so, yes, this is a try to fix something that is not working as well as
it did in the past.

something that seems to better fit the opinion of the ones who were
actively and visibly caring (and had the time to do so) for the "global"
lgm in the last year.

my first proposal was a shy try at opening the process.
this is a more bold one.

if more people support your concerns, we will be back to the slight
changed process i proposed last weeek. also on sunday.
with a bigger chance for the sevilla bid to be refused, since a non
negligible part of the people on the lgm-org list seem just not to care
that much anymore.

have a wonderful day and thanks for your feedback!
a.l.e

ps.: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Landsgemeinde