[LGM] LGM 2019 / Saarbruecken

Gregory Pittman gpittman at iglou.com
Tue Apr 10 13:35:36 UTC 2018

On 04/10/2018 05:59 AM, Soenke Zehle wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> just to be on the safe side - the schedule for LGM 2018 includes a
> slot to present some detail regarding the 2019 event, so we are in the
> process of updating the original proposal (discussed / decided on way
> back when on this list).
>
> Our conclusion from that discussion was that Sevilla 2018,
> Saarbruecken 2019 were set, locations for 2020ff are still open. Since
> then, we started talking to local co-sponsors etc.
>
> Or are we mistaken and there are other proposals for 2019? If so this
> would certainly be good to know...

What had seemingly been 'decided' a few years ago was to try to be able
to decide on a venue for LGM 2 years in advance, though things dragged a
bit and last year we had fallen back to deciding only the 2018 venue. It
may be that Saarbruecken was discussed for 2019, but with the turmoil
about 2018, I don't think any final decision came about.

Greg