[LGM] LGM Official Call for Venues for 2020

Frank Trampe frank.trampe at gmail.com
Mon Apr 30 15:05:49 UTC 2018

At today's meeting, we resolved to solicit initial proposals for hosting
LGM in 2020, with a deadline of June 1st, 2018. Due to our mishandling of a
prospective Milan proposal for 2018 or 2019, the Milan team is given
priority if it chooses to submit a proposal for 2020, which we understand
to be unlikely.

The proposal ought to cover the following.

   - Venue (including support personnel and equipment)
   - Accommodation (lodging, food, local transportation)
   - Accessibility (physical travel and visas)
   - Areas of difficulty (political, security, or health issues)
   - Local participation/attendance (including free software groups)
   - Local team (event experience, communication skills)
   - Budget

The Leipzig (2014)
<https://libregraphicsmeeting.org/2014/wp/wp-content/uploads/2013/11/lgm_leipzig.pdf>
and Toronto (2015)
<https://libregraphicsmeeting.org/2015/wp/wp-content/uploads/2015/03/LGM2015TorontoProposal.pdf>
proposals are provided for reference.

Please send the completed proposal, preferably in PDF, to this mailing list
(libre-graphics-meeting at lists.freedesktop.org). Join the list
first if you are not already subscribed. And feel free to ask questions.
Past and present local and global organizers are happy to help.