[LGM] Collaboration of LGM and C3VOC

Dave Crossland dave at lab6.com
Tue Jan 2 00:26:03 UTC 2018

On Dec 12, 2017 12:03 PM, "Jehan" <jehan at girinstud.io> wrote:

Hello!

On 2017-12-12 17:29, derpeter wrote:

> On 11.12.2017 17:20, Jehan wrote:
>
>> On your side, for a single room, I understand you would need to get
>> over there a single 70kg car-trunk size box, is that it?
>>

> correct. we once managed to fit it into a VW Golf with the rear seats down.
> You probably want to check what transport like this would cost and than
> think about buying / renting stuff.
> If you do this every year it may be a better idea to build trabel setup.

Does it have to be a car? Can't it be sent by plane? Or is it too sensitive
a setup and you are afraid plane transportation would break it, etc.?

I'm just asking to know the available choices.

derpeter, I'm curious about this :)

And how many people would you need to send?

> If there is local help probably one person would be enough to set things
> up. In general its a good idea to have

There will be local help of course.

one person knowing the setup on side during the whole production.
> Depending on the number of hours of lecture per day
> this may require a second person.

In crowded years (and hopefully this year will be too), a full day of talks
may be a bit long. Though there is also local help. I will let others
answer to this.

In any case, I think I will let other people from the LGM organization to
take over the conversation because I am not from the local organization
team from Seville nor know much about the funding part.

I can now confirm that the google fonts video archive funding is now on
it's way to the www.k8.design non profit organization in Germany. I hope
Soenke can confirm when the funds arrive and what the net available amount
for lgm expenses may be.

I believe that whatever expenses are required for the video archive to be
done well should be allocated first, then the rest for speaker travel or
other typical expenses.