[LGM] LGM 2018 Video Posting Questions

Dave Crossland dave at lab6.com
Tue May 1 17:06:51 UTC 2018

On Tue, May 1, 2018, 3:44 AM ale rimoldi <ale at graphicslab.org> wrote:

> hi

> > > yes, for a google employee i think that's fine : - )
> > >

> > If the lgm website was too have a media goblin instance, or use
> > Internet Archive, or any other video archive, and use that platform's
> > playlist feature, the would be fine with me as sponsor :)
> >
> > However it seems to me from the current site that YouTube is the
> > preferred video archive platform.
>
> just to avoid misunderstandings:
>
> - i'm very fine with having the videos on youtube.
> - i also think that they should be on youtube so that people can find
>   them when looking for the topics they're intersted in.
> - but i'd like to have a list of the recordings also on the lgm site.
> - and it would be nice if a copy would be on a different server, too.

I completely agree

... and i somehow forgot that google *has* payed for helping us do the
> recordings!
> thanks google!

:)

On Tue, May 1, 2018, 8:49 AM Julien Deswaef <juego at requiem4tv.com> wrote:

Just to add 2 cents. There is a thing now called Peertube that is taking
the federated web by storm. https://github.com/Chocobozzz/PeerTube

If the infra community thinks this is worth installing, I'll be happy to
give a hand administrating it.

I'll be very happy to see lgm videos on peertube!