[LGM] LGM 2020 in Riyadh

Neil C Smith neilcsmith.net at googlemail.com
Tue May 1 20:46:41 UTC 2018

On Tue, 1 May 2018 at 21:33 Frank Trampe <frank.trampe at gmail.com> wrote:

> I apologize wholeheartedly for any danger that I may have caused to our
> participants. In person, there has never been much of a problem within LGM
> with mockery of authoritarian regimes and leaders and freedom-averse
> companies,

If that's what you felt that was you may need to work on your satirical
skills!  There can be fine line between satirising a regime and offending a
people, but I think you well and truly crossed it.  So, personally I'd
rather an apology for any offence caused.

It was ill-advised and potentially damaging, but I would also personally
favour drawing a line under it so we can all continue basking in the warm
glow that Seville has imparted.  With a suitable "don't do that again"
obviously.

2c,

Neil

--