[LGM] finances

Dave Crossland dave at lab6.com
Sat May 5 17:14:08 UTC 2018

Hi Soenke

On Wed, Feb 28, 2018, 3:58 PM Soenke Zehle <soenke at kein.org> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> trying to get a sense of where buget planning is / is going - has a
> decision been made (by the local team, for example) to involve C3VOC?
> And will participants who present receive a travel stipend (paid with
> whatever amount is left once video production is covered - which is
> why it might be good to get a better sense of what it costs to
> bring/involve C3VOC)?

(Sorry I never finished my draft and replied at the time :)

As I think became clear in other threads, Carlos did the video work, which
has some constant capital (hardware bought to make it happen) and variable
capital (to Carlos) and then the surplus value/remainder is intended to
cover all the other costs of the lgm.

I guess that those too could be split between constant "organization" costs
(eg if T shirts made a loss, and someone fronted the investment cost bio
front, will that be covered?) and then the local and global organizers are
volunteering so there's no variable capital, and finally the surplus is
divided equitably between those who applied to the travel bursary.

I think this kind of breakdown can be useful to better plan for future
events and raise sponsorship for the next one :)