[LGM] the 2019 website

Gregory Pittman gpittman at iglou.com
Thu Nov 15 00:57:05 UTC 2018

It's good to see some development going on at the website for LGM 2019.
Since we are after all very much interested in graphics, I think it's justified to make some comments about the design as it currently exists.

I find this LGM logo, situated as it is, with a bold color, to be an interference in trying to read the text of the pages, especially since it remains fixed while you scroll down the page. It's hard (for me at least) to get my eyes focused away from the graphic to the text in order to read it. I think this is important, since ultimately we want people to come to the site for the information it contains, not primarily for its design.

Just bouncing this idea off the list to see if it gains any traction. It would seem worth playing with the intensity of the color, the size of the text, or other factors to see what looks best and allows for the most comfortable reading.

Greg