[LGM] SPI Application (URGENT VOTE)

Frank Trampe frank.trampe at gmail.com
Wed Feb 27 21:59:09 UTC 2019

Hi, everybody.

At our meeting today, we decided that it would be more appropriate to put
the SPI application letter to a vote on the mailing list. See the other
thread and the relevant SPI page
<http://spi-inc.org/projects/associated-project-howto/> for context. The
two salient points are that we are facing a Friday deadline for an SPI
board meeting, and our relationship would be non-exclusive, so there is
essentially no downside to pursuing the arrangement.

The application might be covered by the 2017 resolution, but we also need
to select a "liaison" to manage the relationship between SPI and LGM, which
is definitely not covered. It makes a lot of sense for me to do this, and I
will nominate myself (in a subsequent message).

So, prior to the vote tomorrow, we need (1) suggested changes to the letter
and (2) nominations for liaison for the prospective SPI/LGM relationship.
The letter must be dispatched by Friday morning, so I propose that we take
16 hours from now for suggestions and nominations and 16 hours thereafter
for voting.

Thanks for your time and attention.