[LGM] Friday Organizational Meeting

ale rimoldi ale at graphicslab.org
Sun Jun 2 06:39:17 UTC 2019

hi dave

> > > On Sat, Jun 1, 2019, 2:37 PM Frank Trampe <frank.trampe at gmail.com>
> > > wrote:
> > >

> > > The take-away from both topics was the need to revive and to
> > > update existing documentation from past global organizers as
> > > posted here
> > > <https://libregraphicsmeeting.org/lgm/public-documentation/>
> > >

> > > Can we move that to GitHub or similar, if it's not there
> > > already?
> >
> > what do you mean by "similar"?
> >
> > if wordpress is similar enough, than there is no need to move it
> > anywhere...
> >

> > or should we move it to a jekyll static site and get the people to
> > edit the files through git/github?
> > i'm not sure we can "host" that with our server, but i can try...
> > if the organizers want that...
> >

> I mean if I want to edit it, such as to add the offered/sought board
> idea, how can anyone do it? It's not clear from the pages itself :)

in the same way as you edit any other wordpress site:

- getting an account with editor rights
  you just got one...)
- logging in at https://libregraphicsmeeting.org/lgm/wp/wp-login
  (i can add the link to the main page, if there is a need for it)
- editing the page

the /lgm site has been created on the demand of some organizer (it has
been there for many years, so i don't know who requested it, sorry).

over the year there have been very few people who have put content in
there.

personally, i would love a solution that is git based and don't really
like using wordpress.
but i don't think that changing the platform will help getting
more people to be active.

ciao
a.l.e

p.s.: for several years, i've been hinting at the need for every
organizer to have an account for /lgm ... but with little success : - (