[LGM] LGM 2019

ale rimoldi ale at graphicslab.org
Fri Jun 7 17:25:20 UTC 2019

On Fri, 7 Jun 2019 16:57:56 +0100
Nathan Willis <nwillis at glyphography.com> wrote:

> On Fri, Jun 7, 2019 at 4:38 PM Gregory Pittman <gpittman at iglou.com>
> wrote:
>
> > Are we going to have the official LGM photo posted on the site?
> > Perhaps some other post-LGM info?
> >

> We should definitely do this!

i planned to do some "end of LGM cleanup" on the website as soon as the
videos are uploaded... which should happen soon...

> I also think it would be great for the social-media accounts to post
> quick thank-yous to the sponsors; I saw an unrelated conference start
> doing that last year, and it really makes a difference. [Lets them
> know that their input == a successfully executed event; reinforces
> that we're glad to have them too, etc.]

please, add the idea to "the rules of sponsoring" draft:

https://libregraphicsmeeting.org/lgm/public-documentation/rules-for-sponsoring/

we current have no rules nor best practices and, until we have some, i
guess that we can do whatever we want... which boils down to:
if somebody does write thank-yous and nobody shouts loud that it's an
injustice... then it's all fine...

> Same with sending out some links to the talk videos. Obviously
> there's a lot of those, so they could be spaced out, but it helps
> spread the word that they're available because people interested in
> any one particular topic can amplify that per-video post, rather than
> something generic.

from what i've seen, twitter and -- most of all mastodon -- had a lively
thread about this year's LGM...

as julien told us in saarbrücken, you're welcome to join the LGM crew
on mastodon:

https://post.lurk.org/@lgm

ciao
a.l.e