[LGM] LGM 2019 - Funding

Jehan jehan at girinstud.io
Fri May 3 16:29:21 UTC 2019

Hi!

First of all, thanks for the various subsequent emails. It seems that
the issue is well understood and appreciated by most (i.e. the issue
**not** being that we want some kind of unique recognition or  a
GIMP-branded video 🙄).

On 2019-05-03 21:11, Dave Crossland wrote:
> Hi
>
> It seems this was discussed on 4th of March on irc, if anyone has the
> link to the public irclog that might be helpful.
>
> I found a chat log with me and Soenke where we discussed this on that
> day, please find attached screenshot. My second draft that I posted
> yesterday is based on the idea posed to me in that chat.
>
> My intent was never a "permanantly visible logo", like an overlay all
> over the length of the video;

Yeah I understood that is not what was asked. For the record, I would
have been completely against this!

> it was always a slide with either just
> Google, or all the sponsors, at the start/end of each video for a few
> seconds.

I would not agree with a slide with Google logo only personally unless
it could be made in a very unintrusive way (but really, I don't see
how). Basically this event is not called "Google Libre Graphics Meeting"
and I certainly don't want a single big company to seemingly get
"ownership" of the events just because they give big money. Our "souls"
are not for sale.

Now I would find fair a page with **all** the corporate sponsors with a
clear text explaining these are events sponsor. Though I think this page
could only be at the end with the credits (I would find it quite
oppressive at the start, still for the same reason).

Now this is only my personal vote, not GIMP decision. This would have to
be discussed with the others first and considering our last vote, I
believe this may not go this way.

> I sponsor a number of type design community events around the world,
> any this is the typical sponsor benefit; it's worked both ways (solo
> logo, multi logos) in the past for other events.
>
> Anyway, if the gimp team wants the Google logo only on the website and
> printed programme, not any videos associated with LGM, please let us
> know :)

We'll discuss this and tell you, I guess.

Jehan