[LGM] LGM 2019 - Funding

Gregory Pittman gpittman at iglou.com
Mon May 6 20:11:17 UTC 2019

I played with some numbers the other day. While for LGM, $20,000 represents a significant sum, using the numbers from 2017, the most recent year available, this represents something like 0.03% of Google's profits for that year. 2017 was a bit anomalous since it included a multi-billion dollar write-down, so in a more "normal" year that 0.03% figure would be much less.

If there is any point to this, I think that we are right to be circumspect about the process and leverage that Google may get from what represents for them a teeny contribution.

Greg