[LGM] preps for LGM2020

farid abdelnour snd.noise at gmail.com
Sat Oct 12 14:11:39 UTC 2019

Salut animtim

Sorry for not sending news earlier.

> Here is the status of the organisation for LGM 2020:
>
> We confirmed with "le Jardin Moderne" who will host the conference part
> on Thursday and Friday, + Friday evening for a party event with live
> music and video, all with Free Software of course. The BoFs and
> workshops for those 2 days will be hosted at ActivDesign, which is a few
> minutes away by foot.
>
> For the venue on Saturday and Sunday, I got in contact last month with
> some people at Rennes-1 university (the science university), they look
> interested, but nothing confirmed yet. I need to meet them in the coming
> days to continue the discussion and see if that's possible. Else plan B
> for the week-end is to host everything at ActivDesign, though it might
> be a little small.

Do you have an estimated time frame for LGM 2020? The Kdenlive team is also
considering Rennes for our meeting and would like to match the date to be
before or after, that way part of the team could participate at LGM as
well.

> For the website, Elisa started working on it. I started working on the
> logo, and will work with Elisa on the website theme and content.
>
> For the funding, I sent mails 2 weeks ago to a dozen organizations and
> companies involved in Free Software asking if they would be interested
> to sponsor the event. So far we got 2 positive answers, but we still
> need more. I guess we should wait for the website to be ready before
> digging further on that front.
>
> Also for the communication part, we'll have some help to spread the word
> from KDE promo team.

I will try to contribute with the promo as well.

> We didn't plan IRC meetings yet, we can probably have one soon, but I'm
> not sure which date/time would fit best for everyone.
>
> Cheers,

Cheers

> Timothée

1111.1010.r.i.1101|n.o.i.s.1110|i.m.1010.g.1110|مقاومة
fsf member #5439
usuario GNU/Linux #471966
|_|0|_|
|_|_|0|