[LGM] preps for LGM2020

Timothée Giet animtim at gmail.com
Sat Oct 12 11:05:40 UTC 2019

Le 11/10/2019 à 17:17, lara a écrit :
> Hi all,
>
> It's been quiet on the list, or my address has been grey/blacklisted
> on yet another server :-) Hope all are well. I've been feeling the
> passage of time last few days and thinking perhaps we kick-start
> planning for Rennes as the call went out well before Christmas break
> in the past.
>

> In that regards, it would be great to set up a list of committed
> organisers that will help Timoth??e and the Rennes team (and we missed
> to do this in Saarbrucken). I started a page here:
> https://cryptpad.fr/pad/#/2/pad/edit/AC91yO+Fk1bOQskSyLAx7jkn/ please
> sign up/edit. Hope that okay.
>

> Looking fwd to hearing from Rennes team with IRC meeting dates and
> some such!
>

> Bestest,
>
> lara

Hi,

Sorry for not sending news earlier.

Here is the status of the organisation for LGM 2020:

We confirmed with "le Jardin Moderne" who will host the conference part
on Thursday and Friday, + Friday evening for a party event with live
music and video, all with Free Software of course. The BoFs and
workshops for those 2 days will be hosted at ActivDesign, which is a few
minutes away by foot.

For the venue on Saturday and Sunday, I got in contact last month with
some people at Rennes-1 university (the science university), they look
interested, but nothing confirmed yet. I need to meet them in the coming
days to continue the discussion and see if that's possible. Else plan B
for the week-end is to host everything at ActivDesign, though it might
be a little small.

For the website, Elisa started working on it. I started working on the
logo, and will work with Elisa on the website theme and content.

For the funding, I sent mails 2 weeks ago to a dozen organizations and
companies involved in Free Software asking if they would be interested
to sponsor the event. So far we got 2 positive answers, but we still
need more. I guess we should wait for the website to be ready before
digging further on that front.

Also for the communication part, we'll have some help to spread the word
from KDE promo team.

We didn't plan IRC meetings yet, we can probably have one soon, but I'm
not sure which date/time would fit best for everyone.

Cheers,

Timothée