[LGM] Sponsorship of LGM 2020

Dave Crossland dave at lab6.com
Sat Jan 4 02:55:16 UTC 2020

Hi all

I'm pleased to say that I was able to arrange another $20,000 sponsorship
of LGM2020 by Google Fonts team, with the same sponsorship obligations as
2019 (
https://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/libre-graphics-meeting/2019-May/002417.html
)

Thanks again to everyone who helped make the videos for 2019 happen - they
playlist at
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLe-w9p--aJKvxqmg9EO_SrPTVWhl65vsS is
excellent! :) I'm looking forward to seeing the 2020 videos as I will not
be able to attend this year, as I just welcomed my first child, so no
traveling from me for a while =)

Tobias Ellinghaus noted last summer that "In one talk there was copyrighted
music used which I had to replace with some silence. Otherwise YouTube
wouldn't have allowed the video. In the future we should tell speakers to
only use free media in their presentations so we have no problems sharing
the recordings," and that future is now :)

--
Cheers
Dave