[LGM] Some thoughts on if people aren't permitted to travel

Nathan Willis nwillis at glyphography.com
Mon Mar 16 18:24:45 UTC 2020

Hi all,

Obviously it's be preferable if travel & daily life are all totally back to
normal by the time of LGM this year — but, even if that's true for *most*
people, it's certainly not going to be true for 100% of the people.

Which got me wondering, would the video-savvy folks in the community be
able to help out with some advice / configuration / templating that
speakers can use to home-record a talk session?

I've seen a few other conferences take a swipe at onlinifying their events,
but it's not my area of expertise. So, for example, I know how to install
OBS, but I don't actually use it. Having some "use these basic scene
setups" and "test this configuration in a practice shoot" would be really
valuable....

(But I only proposed lightning talks anyway; OBS might not even be the
right choice for somebody who had 30 or 60 minutes to fill.)

Just interested to hear what everyone else thinks!
Nate
--
nathan.p.willis
nwillis at glyphography.com <http://identi.ca/n8>