[LGM] Cancel LGM please

Jehan jehan at girinstud.io
Sat Mar 28 14:55:01 UTC 2020

Hi everyone,

On 2020-03-28 14:53, Michael Natterer wrote:
> Hi guys,
>
> why is LGM still not cancelled? It's totally unrealistic to
> stick with the schedule, and IMP irresponsible.

I must say I agree with Mitch. Even if somehow our government decide
that it is ok to hold events by end of May, it still won't be safe
(lawful maybe, safe apparently not), at least according to the few
articles I read.

And in this sense, it is indeed not very responsible continuing while
knowing this, as you may be putting people at risk. This is one of the
reasons why we (GIMP as a project) decided to cancel our yearly
invitations to contributors (keeping our contributors safe; that's more
important than our software IMO).

Also anyway since everything is still so uncertain, nobody will make
plans for 2 months ahead, even people in France. As I read your last
meeting log, you are still hoping that people in France and close
European countries will come. I personally believe it to be a false
hope.

For ZeMarmot project, we are in France and I can tell we won't come,
even if the event ends happening, and even though we love LGM!

> Let's just skip 2020 and have it 2021, please.

Yeah pushing the event one year down the road might be the ideal
solution. Many events are doing so and it's probably the best option. I
agree. Personally I don't care that much about video conferences without
the physical meeting part (my favorite part of LGM is meeting the people
not the confs, even though many of these confs are very cool).

Jehan

> Regards,
> Mitch

ZeMarmot open animation film