[LGM] Cancel LGM please

Liam R E Quin liam at holoweb.net
Sat Mar 28 20:21:25 UTC 2020

On Sat, 2020-03-28 at 19:29 +0100, Michael Natterer wrote:
> On Sat, 2020-03-28 at 21:04 +0300, Alexandre Prokoudine wrote:
> > On Sat, Mar 28, 2020 at 8:20 PM Liam R E Quin wrote:
> >
> > > But i also suggested that the organizers post to the LGM mailing
> > > list
> > > to propose postponing the event by a year. We need to remain
> > > consensus-
> > > driven. So, thanks for posting about it, Mitch :D
> >
> > As other people already said, an online-only event would make a
> > perfect sense.
>
> I disagree,
>
> LGM is all about meeting people, watching some streams is lame.

As i said in #lgm,  <ankh> the whole point of LGM is to have a physical
meeting

For my part the conference is secondary. If it was a peer-reviewed
academic conference it'd be another matter, as it would affect careers
and funding (and probably also not be interesting :D :D)

Would a good compromise be to have a shared hangout as a possibility,
where people in various projects keep cameras going, and try to make an
extended hacking session with cross-group stuff?? I'm not sure.

Full-time slave in voluntary servitude.