[LGM] Cancel LGM please

Frank Trampe frank.trampe at gmail.com
Sat Mar 28 20:40:21 UTC 2020

There are clearly a lot of trade-offs and uncertainties here, and there are
a lot of differing predictions. One thing that is certain is that we will
all be a lot smarter and better informed in a month, and the cost of buying
airfare does not increase considerably so long as we make the 28-day
cut-off. It is indeed important to discuss and to develop rescheduling
options and remote meeting options for those who are interested. But it is
also important keep our options open for as long as it is practical to do
so, which I think is the week of April 20th. At that point, if the local
organizers still want to host, we can figure out who wants to attend and
who wishes not to attend and turn to the alternatives we have hashed out
(canceling, rescheduling, or meeting over the Internet) if projected
turn-out looks too low.