[LGM] Proposal to postpone LGM to next year
frank.trampe at gmail.com
Sat Mar 28 22:57:51 UTC 2020
If you're willing to cancel, that makes sense given the vociferous
opposition to meeting this year. As to whether to hold the event in Rennes
next year, we would probably need to get guidance from the current 2021
team as to its willingness to reschedule or to cancel.
On Sat, Mar 28, 2020 at 5:54 PM Timothée Giet <animtim at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi everyone,
> Thank you Mitch for raising the topic, and to those who already replied.
> It is very useful input.
> Indeed, the next day after the last meeting, we (the local team) were
> discussing if it would be better to cancel LGM for this year... But we
> decided to go on with the decision taken at the end of the meeting to
> wait one more month before taking a final decision...
> Now that we have more feedback from the community, it looks more clear
> to me that it would be wiser to postpone to next year.
> About the waste of effort mentioned by Frank, I feel it would be less
> waste to postpone the event to next year than to wait-and-see longer.
> And about the idea to make it an online-only event, we are not really
> interested, as a big part of the value of LGM is the physical meeting.
> We don't think that making it virtually would be really interesting.
> I didn't get answer from the others of the local team today, but I feel
> it's better to answer already, at least with my personal point of view.
> So, I propose to officially cancel the LGM in Rennes for this year, and
> to postpone it to next year. Please let us know what you think about it,
> and if the majority agrees I'm sure we will proceed in this direction.
> Libre-graphics-meeting mailing list
> Libre-graphics-meeting at lists.freedesktop.org
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Libre-graphics-meeting