[Libreoffice-qa] automation tool for smoke test qa. (alpha)

Yifan Jiang yfjiang at novell.com
Thu Aug 4 03:48:20 PDT 2011

Hi Rainer,

Ah, it reminds me to add the documentation work in my TODO list. The use tips
are actually stated (maybe too briefly) in the [Usage] section at the moment.

Let's see if this workround style making it more easy to handle:

In Linux,

    1. Download:

        http://dev-builds.libreoffice.org/daily/losmoketest-0.2.tar.bz2

    2. Unpack it to, for example, /tmp/

    3. Open a terminal

    4. In the terminal, input (there's an Enter between each lines):

        su -
        (enter your root password when it prompts)
        cp /etc/sudoers /etc/sudoers.ori
        echo "$USER ALL=(ALL) NOPASSWD: ALL" >> /etc/sudoers
        exit

    5. In the terminal, input (there's an Enter between each lines):

        cd /tmp/losmoketest-0.2
        ./losmoketest.py

    6. After finish trying the testing, recover the sudoers file by (there's an Enter between each lines),

        su -
        (enter your root password)
        cp /etc/sudoers.ori /etc/sudoers
        exit

In Windows,

    0. If you do not have a python environment, firstly download python here:

        http://www.python.org/download/

    1. Download:

        http://dev-builds.libreoffice.org/daily/losmoketest-0.2.tar.bz2

    2. Unpack it to, for example, C:\

    3. Open a console by clicking Start menu -> Run ...

    4. Input 'cmd' and press Enter

    5. In the terminal, input (there's an Enter between each lines):

        cd C:\losmoketest-0.2
        .\losmoketest.py

Btw, you can find more interesting options for the ./losmoketest.py command in
[Usage] section :)

Best wishes,
Yifan

On Thu, Aug 04, 2011 at 11:44:37AM +0200, Rainer Bielefeld wrote:
> Yifan Jiang schrieb:
>
>> We've been working on a full automatic test tool aiming on continuously
>> testing the latest libreoffice build from<dev-build.libreoffice.org>. Namely
>

> Hello,
>
> I'm sorry, but that all is much to sophisticated and for me, I even do not
> know what I should do with the downloaded and unpacked files.
>
> Manuals in the Wiki do not help customers like me.
>
> I recommend that you create a a step by step instruction, that helps an
> experienced user who never used a dev-Build:
>
> 1. Install LibO-Dev
> 1.1.
> 1.2.
> 2. Install Test Tool
> 2.1.
> 2.2.
> 3. Create Litmus Account
> 3.1.
> 3.2.
> 4.
> 5.
> 6. Start test
>
> Kind regards
>
> Rainer

  Yifan Jiang
  Libreoffice / SuSE
  Contact: yifan - irc.freenode.net/libreoffice