[Libreoffice-qa] [Libreoffice] WinDbg ?

Jesús Corrius jesus at softcatala.org
Thu Aug 25 23:42:00 PDT 2011

> There is code inside LO to produce more useful stack traces in crashes on Windows, isn't there? Do we (accidentally?) diable that? Do we strip symbols from binaries (or don't ship .pdb files) without thinking? How much larger would the installer / an installation be on Windows if we shipped symbols and made sure backtraces are displayed?

We don't really need to ship symbols. For every released version of
LibO you can just place the pdb files in a public http server and then
tell WinDbg or Visual Studio (probably a much better tool for not very
experienced users)  to get them for there. If we do it this way, we
don't have to add new files to the installation.

Although a much better option (in my opinion) would be to use an
automatic crash report system, so the normal user doesn't have to mess
with such complicated and scary tools :)

--
Jesús Corrius <jesus at softcatala.org>
Document Foundation founding member