[Libreoffice-qa] (no subject)

John Notminsk jo0175 at yahoo.com
Thu Dec 22 23:58:40 PST 2011

Thanks for your response.
I sent this in response to your press release of a bug day (which is where I got the address).

Note:
#1, 2, 3c occur 100% of the time
#3a occurs ~80%, esp if the changes are more extensive
#3b occurs ~50% of time.
Again have occurred for years on mult OS (XP/Linux) both OO & LO for hundreds / thousands of my files.

You should be able to reproduce these easily.  If not then don't worry, I'm sure it's just me.

I won't send a bug report.  I did that to OO before LO even existed.  It was very difficult esp since I block cookies & use NoScript.  I had to subscribe & then got 30-50 emails a day on totally unrelated topics until I unsubscribed but never a response on the bugs.  I have managed works arounds, like cutting & pasting, not added rows, etc.

I am notifying you just in case you wish to improve your product, win converts, etc (maybe make a dent in MS).  If you're interested, I could send you other bugs & suggestions (I have been using OO for ~10 years in my business).  If not, no problem.

PS Consider a phone app to read .odt files.  None exist ("File App" works poorly at best).  You might even make some money.
John
****